Thursday, April 19, 2012

YA or Bust!

If you've been following my blog this week, you know that I've been preparing for YA or Bust!, which is author event containing Stephanie Perkins, Nina LaCour, Jess Rothenberg, and Gayle Foreman. I've read at least some of each of their work, and let me tell you that this is a very talented bunch. I really enjoyed meeting these ladies. I am always scared to meet anyone, but they're all really personable, especially Nina LaCour. They really seemed to want to talk to us. They all read an excerpt from one of their novels, which was fun. Stephanie is the most animated reader. I adore her so much. Her hair is bright red now, and Gayle noticed that the Swedish fish she was eating were the same color. She ate them out of Stephanie's hair. 


That happened as my friend Jaime and I were trying to get a picture, so I'm standing right there. I stole that from Stephanie's Twitter. 

They were a really fun group. We just kind of hung out with them for awhile after a session of questions from a moderator and some audience Q & A. I didn't want to leave in case something awesome happened. 

Not only were we provided with excellent entertainment, but we were fed pizza and gummy bears and given posters, pins, and tattoos. Author events are the best.


Listening to: Of Monsters and Men: My Head Is an Animal

1 comment: