Saturday, April 28, 2012

Sweeney Todd

I'm a little behind on today's blog, but I have a good reason! I was out. That's right! I didn't spend my Friday night at home watching Netflix for once. I can hardly believe it myself.

As you may have guessed from the title or read on my Twitter, I went to see "Sweeney Todd" tonight at my junior college. I've only seen two productions at the JC before this. The first was like, Shakespeare in Hollywood or something like that. I honestly don't remember it well and only saw it because a friend was in it. The second was "Grease". I was really impressed with it. I kind of hate the moral of "Grease" (if you become a slut, you'll get a boyfriend), but it was a really enjoyable production. That was 2 years ago, though. I'm feeling a lot of nostalgia for that day right now. (Well, one of those days. I saw it twice. Didn't pay for it either time.)

"Sweeney Todd" was a great production. It was a very talented cast of people I had seen before in "Grease", "A Very Potter Musical" (which wasn't technically a JC production) and various other productions put on by friends. It kind of blows my mind that there are so many talent people in my area around my age. It definitely made me want to check out more of their productions in the future. I kind of forgot how much I enjoyed live theatre. Between now and the end of the year they are doing "Beauty and the Beast", "Legally Blonde", and "Avenue Q". I'm really excited for all of them. 

Basically, check out local college productions. Way cheaper than professional theatre, but they can really surprise you with how good they are.

Listening to: Sweeney Todd Soundtrack

No comments:

Post a Comment