Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Disappointments and Excitement

I once again have nothing to talk about, so I'm just gonna talk about my life/day.

My friend and I have been talking about moving out together, but we both have crap jobs and couldn't afford much in the way of rent if we also want to do things like eat. Yesterday, I was looking through Craiglist and I found an amazing house listed at $1200 a month. Sounded way too good to be true for a 6-bedroom house, but I let myself get excited anyway. Turns out, it was way too good to be true; it was supposed to have been listed as a $1.2 million home for sale. So that was quite a let down. I don't know why I let myself get excited about things that I know are too good to be true and/or won't ever happen. This is a pattern I have gotten myself into.

I just booked a hotel for my next Disneyland trip. That is a thing that I can be excited about that will definitely happen. If you ever need to book a hotel for a general area but don't care specifically where you stay, I highly recommend doing it through Hotwire. They tell you the rating of the hotel and show you a shaded map of a range wherein your hotel lies. I did this for my last Disneyland trip, but this one is in an even better location. It's right across the street from the parking lot where I have decided I now like to park. They probably have a shuttle, too, but then you have to go by their schedule. Anywho, I'm excited because I'm taking my friend who will just have graduated from high school at that time. We've been talking forever about how she needs to go to Disneyland with my other friend Gretchen (who will hopefully also be going) and I. I love going to Disneyland with people I've never been with, and also with people I always go with. I've been asked how I maintain my excitement for each trip. How can I not? It's Disneyland. For me, it really is the Happiest Place on Earth, at least that I have yet to discover. I can't really explain the magical power it has over me. 

This next trip is going to be extra awesome because I get to see my friend make his debut as a Disney cast member. His audition happened the day after I went to Disneyland with him in March. He texted me on the way home to tell me he got it and I absolutely freaked out. I am so excited and so proud of him. 

I never really do anything besides Disneyland and occasionally grab frozen bananas at Balboa Island when I go to Orange County. This time, we're at least gonna check out the beach and hopefully something else awesome. Can I just tell you that it is wonderful to have an annual pass to Disneyland? We can go to the beach and then just casually stop by Disneyland afterwards. It's really an awesome feeling.

If you have any suggestions of inexpensive things to do in the OC, please let me know. 

Listening to: Death Cab for Cutie: Codes and Keys

No comments:

Post a Comment