Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Question Tuesday #1

Because I know coming up with 30 topics for blogs is going to be near impossible, I have declared Question Tuesdays every Tuesday this month. It's going to be interesting seeing if I can actually generate questions every week. In case you don't know what the original Question Tuesday is, it's where John Green of the Vlogbrothers answers as many questions within 4 minutes as he can. This isn't a video, so basically it's just going to be me answering all of your questions. That explanation probably wasn't necessary. Um. Yeah. Some of these are not actually phrased as questions, so bear with me. 

"I would like to know if there's one place in the world you'd go where would that place be and why?"
I thought Nate was asking me where I want to travel most (which would be the UK), but I believe he means this more metaphorically, like where I'd like to be metally? Is that right? I'm going from the example of "peacefulness." I would like to be in a state of fearlessness. I don't mean that I want to start jumping out of airplanes and the like (although that would be cool), I mean that I want to be in a place where my anxiety doesn't hinder me from anything. Anxiety holds me back from so much, especially where human interaction is concerned. Someday I hope to be free of that.

 "Have you ever been outside of the United States?"
I have been to Mexico twice. I went on a mission trip near Ensenada when I was 14, and I went on a cruise with my Girl Scout troop when I was 18 which stopped in Playa del Carmen. I am a person who loves to travel but doesn't get to do it often. 

"What are your favourite DFTBA initialisms?"
Aside from the obvious, "Do Fish Take Baths Alot?" (despite its grammatical inaccuracy) is the one that stands out to me the most. I also enjoy "Dead Frogs Teach Bored Anatomists" and "Drunk Fish Try Breathing Air." Apparently I like fish. 

"IS The Hokey Pokey what it's all about?"
Yes.

"Favorite TV show (even though favorites are an incorrect concept)?"
I am going to address the part in parentheses first. Jordan wrote a blog on favourites yesterday. I agree with him on several points, but when I say something is my favourite, I'm not necessarily saying it's the best ever because I know that to be completely subjective. To me a "favourite" is something that has affected me really strongly and is something I will enjoy over and over again. That being said, I have a lot of favourite TV shows.   I guess my top two are Gilmore Girls and Doctor Who. 

"Best subject in school?"
I am going to answer this as College Chelsea: Psychology.

"Best John Green book?" 
Jordan, you confuse me because this is totally subjective. I absolutely adored The Fault in Our Stars. That would probably have to be my new favourite, but Paper Towns will always have a special place in my heart.

"Favorite band (even though favorite is an incorrect concept)?"
That would probably have to be Relient K. Whether its happy, angry, spiritual, or just plain goofy, they have a song for all of my feels. 

"What are you majoring in, and why? Any minors?"
I am in my last year at community college to get my Associates in Social and Behavioral Sciences. That degree involves all my favourite class: psychology, sociology, and history. ("College Kids" came on while I was writing this. Amazing.)

"We know you love Disney. What exactly about Disney speaks to you so much?"
This is actually a really hard question. I think it's because it connects me with childhood when things were simpler. I think we as humans are just happier when we allow ourselves to be in touch with our inner child. I guess my inner child is actually kind of...outer. I also just really love musicals and getting lost in fantasies. Disney is just so quality. There's something in it for people of all ages, and I would argue that there is actually more for adults in Disney movies than kids, references that kids don't comprehend. 

"Favorite Buffy character"
During the first few seasons I probably would have said Xander, but in the later seasons that answer has changed to Spike and Andrew. 


"Dream job"
This is kind of an ever-changing thing for me. You'd think I'd have figured out by now. I think at this point if I could do absolutely anything in the world, it would be to become an author, probably of YA since I want to be Maureen Johnson and that is usually what I end up reading. Slightly more realistically, I've recently decided I want to become a pilot.


"How are you doing today?"
I've only been up for like two hours, but I'm doing pretty well. I'm excited that people actually asked me questions. I was a little worried that I wouldn't have enough for an adequate blog.


"What are you up to this week?"
So I've been theming my reading every other month, and I decided that March was Jane Austen month. I failed pretty hard and only read Sense and Sensibility and a little bit of Persuasion. I will be finishing the latter this week. Also work. Folding clothes for just above minimum wage. Yay. Actually, I really don't mind folding clothes. And let's face it, I'm probably going to watch an obscene amount of "The Office."


"Can we Skype soon?"
Yes. Stop being so busy, woman. (I'm not sure if Sam actually expected me to answer that here. HA!)


Thanks for the questions, guys! 


Listening to: Relient K: Two Lefts Don't Make a Right...But Three Do
Reading: Persuassion by Jane Austen and Sisters in Sanity by Gayle Forman

1 comment:

  1. :) I shall ask you all of the questions for next question Tuesday :) And we should skype :p

    ReplyDelete