Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Question Tuesday #3

Who are your favourite authors and what are your favourite books by them?
Well I obviously adore Harry Potter and Jo Rowling. My favourite in the series is Deathly Hallows. Maureen Johnson is everything I want to be in a person. I love The Name of the Star and 13 Little Blue Envelopes. Another favourite is Stephanie Perkins. I know she's only written two books, but they are both completely fantastic. My favourite of the two is Anna and the French Kiss, mostly because Anna is a LOT more likable. Stephanie is really good at making distinctive characters. I've only read the Leviathan trilogy, but Scott Westerfeld totally impressed me with it and I have every intention of reading all his other books.

How many authors have you met?
I haven't met that many, but they's all been completely fantastic. I attended Lit Day at LeakyCon and was sad not to meet any authors then, though I did eventually get to meet Maureen Johnson. I met her again in Septemeber along with Stephanie Perkins. They are both hilarious and wonderful. A few days before I met them, I met Scott Westerfeld. He had a whole talked planned out about Leviathan which I had read because of him talking about it at Lit Day. He's a really awesome speaker and he told me I was lovely. A few months ago I met Lauren Myracle. I was disappointed that she didn't give a talk or anything, but it was actually really cool because I talked to her for about ten minutes about books and such. She was really nice. And my briefest encounter was with JOHN GREEN! Poor guy had just the most ridiculous signing line ever and he was so gracious and just genuinely wanted to make sure everyone had a good time at the show. I love that man.

Where did you cheesecake love begin? 
I don't know. Wherever I was the first time I tried cheesecake. 

What's your go-to music at the moment?
Definitely The Civil Wars. 

Listening to: The Runaways: Waitin' for the Night (in my pants)
Reading: The Catastrophic History of You and Me by Jess Rothenberg

1 comment:

  1. I am happy that I could give you some questions :) I'll think of more for next week.

    ReplyDelete