Monday, April 9, 2012

Bucket List and Hug Bucket

I was completely unfamiliar with the concept of a bucket list until I saw the film "A Walk to Remember" when I was about twelve. The film never calls it a bucket list, but Jamie has cancer and knows her time is even more limited than most people's so she makes a list of things she wants to do before she dies. I went out and made a list like this not long after seeing the movie. I just called it my "A Walk to Remember List." I fruitlessly attempted to find this undoubtedly hilarious list, but I do remember writing that I wanted to compete in Wimbledon. I dream big, guys. Although, things on my bucket list now are not really any more attainable. Here are the things I currently want to do before I die in no particular order:

1. Live in the UK. 
2. Go to every Disney park (I recently discovered how awesome Disney Sea looks, so Tokyo is next on the list.)
3. Walk the trail to Mordor and visit every LOTR location
4. Be Ariel at Disneyland
5. Publish a novel
6. Be the voice of a Disney character
7. Lear to actually play my ukulele and guitar and then finish writing songs
8. Start my Hobbit Rock band
9. Have my face made into a Jelly Belly mosaic
10. Surf
11. Snowboard
12. Skydive
13. Become a pilot
14. Visit all the places Hazel and Augustus go in The Fault in Our Stars
15. Visit all the places Ginny went in 13 Little Blue Envelopes
16. Visit every continent
17. Go inside a pyramid
18. Walk on the Great Wall of China
19. Walk across the Golden Gate Bridge
20. Visit every state
21. Go bowling in Canada
22. Visit every National Park
23. Meet Jo Rowling
24. Go to every MLB stadium
25. Visit every Harry Potter significant place
26. Be the Rebel Spy
27. Attend PizzaCon
28. Recreate Hank Green and Michael Aranda's Hungry Games. 
29. Swim with dolphins
30. Be in two places at once
31. Ride a train
32. Ride a trolley/cable car
33. Go to a Giants game on Opening Day
34. Visit my husband in Germany

I would also like to share my Hug Bucket (which is basically a list of all the people I want to meet and hug.)

1. Sam
2. Sam
3. ALL of my online friends
4. Matt Smith
5. Bradley James
6. Colin Morgan
7. Arthur Darvill
8. David Tennant
9. Ryan Gosling
10. Gene Kelly 
11. William Moseley
12. Jason Segel
13. Peeta Mellark
14. Ron Weasley
15. Etienne St. Clair
16. Legolas
17. James Marsden
18. John Barrowman
19. Charlie McDonnell
20. Cary Elwes 20 years ago
21. Adam Scott
22. John Krasinski
23. Julie Andrews
24. Walt Disney

Lisening to: Gotye: Making Mirrors
Reading: The Disenchantments by Nina LaCour

2 comments:

  1. I JUST SAW THIS GAH!
    I love you I love you I love you.

    Also can we combine hugging each other with recreating the hungry games because I REALLY WANT TO DO THAT TOO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to do so much of this list too!!! Lets win the lottery and TRAVEL!

    ReplyDelete