Saturday, May 17, 2014

The Perks of Home

Today's post is going to be the opposite of yesterday's post. Being practically alone away from everything you know makes you appreciate the things you once took for granted. I'm gonna make lists because lists are fun and this is my blog and I do what I want.

Perks of living with my parents:
  • I was just watching TV the other day and my mom brought me an ice cream bar (oh, my brother just brought me some cake)
  • I get free meals. Like, all the time! Whenever I'm home! Food! That's free!
  • I can get free physical therapy (from my dad) any time I need it which is fantastic because today I overworked my hip flexor
  • I no longer have to spend my own money on things like toilet paper, paper towels, soap, detergent, toothbrushes, and other stupid crap I need but don't want to pay for
  • The internet is free!
  • Electricity is free!
  • DVR is a phenomenal beauty
  • I don't have to be in an apartment complex where I can here my neighbors constantly
  • Sometimes it's cool to not go days at a time without seeing another human face that Netflix isn't showing me
Perks of living in Petaluma:
  • My best friend is close and works in my town and I can pretend to cheer her up on bad days
  • My best friend works at a cupcakery
  • I have like actual real friends to drink tea and watch movies with
  • I live in one of the most beautiful places on the planet
  • I can go hiking in redwoods and other glorious places
  • I'm near pesto burgers
  • There are dozens of glorious taquerias within driving distance
  • Hello, In N Out
  • The weather here is actually pretty great
  • I live within driving distance of San Francisco where endless dreams can come true
  • I get to hang out with the babies at church
  • I get to go to a church where people talk to me
  • We have Trader Joe's!
  • I can go to an amazing book store where a lot of authors like to come
  • Someone brought a baby goat to church last week. Where else is that going to happen?
Despite my silly mood, the best thing about being here is that I'm surrounded by love and support.

No comments:

Post a Comment